The first step to getting what you want in life is to recognize that you are God. It’s you that make things happen. You create your reality and situation and the issues you face.
Therefore, you can create the life you want. It’s all about taking the time to actually do it.
Of course, it you are of a religious tradition, taking on board the idea that you are God may not be so easy. In which case you can see it as the deeper part of yourself melding with God. And that you have some of that God Force within you, which means you are very much in control of your own destiny.
Both ways round, deciding that you are God is empowering.
It means you can reach your goals and create the life you want. The truth is, nobody else can do it for you. So don’t look to others to help you achieve the life you want. Depend on yourself. Because it’s you – and only you – that has created the life you’ve led up to now.
Don’t let that get you down. It’s good news!
It means you can sculpt the future according to what you dream up. Anything is possible so long as you are realistic about yourself and your capabilities.
Recognizing you are God is only the beginning. The next step is creating an ordered and definitive direction. Figure out the pros and cons of a given goal before you take action. Reflect on what you want in life and gain a clear grasp of the goal you wish to achieve
Understand that even when you have a clear direction there are times you will need to refocus and redirect your defined outcome to actually achieve it. In other words, build in flexibility.
As you move towards your goal, new information will become available. This may lead to you needing to realign the route towards your desired outcome. You might need to take a detour. If so, take it.
Once you’ve got a clear picture of what you want in life, the next step is to download it from your mind onto paper. Get yourself a notebook and pen. Then sit down and relax. The idea is to create a roadmap of the route you want to travel in life. You’re going to figure out where you want to go and how you’re going to get there.
You’ll need to set aside an hour for this. Don’t balk at the idea. You’re creating your future, so you can spare 60 minutes!
And don’t put limitations on what is possible and what isn’t. You are the creator of your universe and your reality. It’s literally your world. If you don’t set down what you want somebody else will, and they won’t have your best interests at heart.
Here’s what you do:
- Set your goals in positive terms. Many people set their intentions in negative format, such as “I don’t want to be broke anymore.” Don’t do this. Instead say, “I will take action to increase my wealth.” It’s the same if your focus is matters of the heart. Avoid saying, “I don’t want my heart broken again.” As an alternative, say: “I will find a loving and respectful relationship.”
- Get into specifics. How does your goal look and feel? Can you hear it? Are there any scents associated with it? For example, you might be hearing somebody telling you something connected to your goal. Or it might be your dream home and you can smell the roses outside. The more precise you are the more your mind will accept that what you desire is doable. Also see your goal as if it is your reality now – as though it has already manifested in your life. And don’t forget to set a completion date for when it should come to fruition.
- Conjure up how you will feel, and what you will see and hear, once you have achieved the outcome you desire. Be passionate about the whole procedure.
- When setting your goal, remember that you need to be in control. Your desired outcome should not be dependent on other people needing to change themselves for you to achieve your goal. In other words, make sure your outcome reflects things you can affect directly.
- Consider the consequences of your goal, ensuring it doesn’t impact others in a negative way. Even better, see if it can be tweaked to benefit other people in some way. This would be most relevant if your desired outcome is to create a successful business.
You’ll find that this goal setting will make all the difference to your life. You can set up big long-term goals or short ones. It doesn’t matter. The end result will be your life will improve in leaps and bounds. It’s all about focus and seeing what it is you want in life. That way, you’ll get it.